威望
    K币
    70 元
    注册时间
    2014-6-4
    沙发
     楼主| 发表于 2016-3-30 16:38 | 只看该作者
    把考过的证书都带上吧,尤其是大家都没有的证书,绝对是加分点。
    最后是口语,跟雅思有点像,抽一个话题,约一分半钟准备,然后把题目读出来,我的话题是你认为因特网技术和现代通信技术是积极的还是消极的,给出你观点并证明你的观点,还要举例子
    面试一定要自信,我进去后,面带微笑,流利的背了一遍自我介绍,注意一定要和老师有眼神交流,不要怕,
    要有礼貌,面带微笑。礼仪都不用我说了吧,离开教室记得给老师说声辛苦了,谢谢老师。

1.self-introduction
       Morning, distinguished professors. It is my great pleasure to be here. My name is Li Ning,28 years old, graduated from the English major ,the school of foreign language ,Anhui Polytechnic University.  And now, I worked in a government department.  In my spare times, I like reading. Tourism is my favorite entertainment activity. As for my sport interest, I could not deny my greatest interest is jogging. It brings me a lot of happiness and passion. I am a determined person, always willing to achieve higher goals. What’s more, I have broad interests. For example, through self-study, I have passed many exams and gained the certificates, like grade two of the National Computer Rank Examination, Certificate of Accounting Profession, and Certificate Statistical Qualification. Although I have broad interests in many aspects and grasp the essential knowledge of the major, but I think at present, I can do many things in a superficial level, but not be competent to do things professionally owing to lack of ample knowledge and ability. So I think further study is still urgent for me to realize self-value.
    My birthday is 5.4. According to the western astrology. I am classified as Taurus 金牛座(4月21~5月21日)The Earth element of Taurus brings strength and the desire for solid ground form and structure. I might be a little bit slow-witted, but your consistency will make it up.

2.talk about ur undergraduate school and ur major
    The history of Anhui Polytechnic University can be dated back to 80years ago. In 1935, a priest of Spanish Christian church set up the school. Then, with the passing of time, it has evolved into a multi-disciplinary provincial-level university, concentrating on engineering disciplines. It situates at Wuhu city, 100 hectare of the size. The disciplines comprise engineering, physics, literature, management, economics, law and art. Anhui Polytechnic University has 14 schools, 65 majors for the undergraduates, and 38 majors for postgraduates. The school of foreign languages is established in 2001, with the English major and Japanese major. The school of foreign languages attaches great importance on the ability to apply knowledge to practice. Students in the English major have receive various courses like, business English ,English about contract, English literature, secretary English etc. which lay a foundation for students to further study or apply for a job in future.

3.Why do u choose translation as your major?
       First, in the term of history, translation is significant to the exchange of human cultures. Toynbee, the English Sinologist, said: the reason that Chinese culture has developed uninterruptedly in 5000 years lies in the new streams of foreign cultures pumping into it. It is translation that makes the joining of foreign cultures and Chinese culture successful. Translation is the omnipotent medicine that keeps Chinese culture vigorous forever. So, translation is significant to exchange between Chinese and foreign cultures and to carry on and develop Chinese culture in future.
       Second, I feel deep fulfillment and immense satisfaction in learning English. As I have graduated five years, it is no exaggeration to say my English level had tumbled to high school time. Last year when I set on to take the postgraduate exam, I took every chance and every minute to learn English, on my way to work, in the office, when doing housework, etc. Finally, I pass the preliminary test. I get that if I have done my best, Providence will not let me down.
         It can be said that as a English learner, translation is the highest mission. Therefore, translation is my lofty dream.

4.Which translator do you like best?
      Lin Yutang is a prestigious translator in China. He puts forward three standards of translation. Namely, the standard of true, the standard of fluent, and the standard of beauty. The three standards are generally complied with the three difficulties in translation brought forward by Yan Fu, faithfulness, expressiveness, and elegance.
       On the standard of true, he created two new concepts of “words translation” and “sentence translation” in the view of translation unit. He boldly remarked that “it is impossible to translate into foreign language with precisely the same with its original essay. His view seems pathetic, but it doesn’t deny the feasibility of translation. On the contrary, it manifests Lin Yutang’s mature and objective attitude on translation. Here is a example about the standard of true. 各人自扫阶前雪,莫管他家屋瓦霜。(《板桥家书》)
    Let  each  one  sweep  off  the  snow  at  his  door-step,  and  not  interfere  with  the  frost  on  the neighbors’ roof. His version is quite faithful to the original Chinese sentence, showing his standard of true, true to the original.
    On the standard of fluent, he thinks that version should be fluent, while it is irresponsible to show awkward version to readers. Furthermore, he holds the view that “the meaning of sentence is superior to the meaning of words.”, which is the guiding principle of presenting fluent version. Here is a example about the standard of fluent.人非尧舜,安得每事尽善。(《东坡诗文选》) No one is a sage; you cannot always be right. He altered the Chinese 尧舜 to the English sage, so that the western readers can better understand the meaning of the sentence rather than mechanically explaining the meaning of尧舜.
       On the standard of beauty, he gives us three aspects about the standard. First, translation is art. Second, what shall we pay special attention to when translating artistic essay. Third, it is impossible to fully translate artistic essay. As for translator, he or she must possess the ability to understand the style and beauty of the origin. Here is a example about the standard of fluent.寻寻觅觅,冷冷清清,凄凄惨惨戚戚(《声声慢》)
    So dim, so dark, So dense, so dull, So damp, so dank, So dead! He used seven so and seven d-words to translate the rhyme of the Chinese poem. When you read the version, you can relish the beauty in the sound of the version for a long time.

5.What do u think of translation?
    First, you have to know the difference between English and Chinese well. On the language form, English has the tree-shaped form. The main structure of the sentence functions as the tree trunk which has many branches and twigs, that is the decoration parts, forming a long sentence finally. While Chinese has the bamboo-shaped form. Small sentences of a whole sentence in Chinese share the same topic, and are arranged according to the logic order, and separated by comas, forming a bamboo shape. The culture between China and English countries differs a lot too, such as on culture psychology culture value and customs. The thinking way between china and English countries are also different. English expresses something directly while Chinese prefer the undermeaning of the characters. English stress logic order while Chinese emphasis emotion more. English will summarize first, then to list the details while Chinese will list the details first ,then summarize at last.
    Second, you need to choose appropriate means to translate, such as amplification, ellipsis, conversion, and so on, and deal with the relation between the main sentence and the clause.
    Third, you must know well the different styles of different genres, including literature translation, scientific translation, law translation, business translation, tourism translation and news translation. There are different characteristic between different genres.
    The last, but the most important is to practice. You have to be diligent if u want to be a good translator. When a essay comes to your hand, you translate it first on your own. Then compare you translation to other famous translators’, write down and memorize the selected words and learn to use them in future. Only by accumulating, can you improve your translation.

6.In your opinion, what elements do a translator need?
      Wang zuoliang, a famous translator, remarked a translator must be a literati in real terms. I think that, a translator must possess these 5 elements: first, mastering 2 or more languages. Second, familiar with the two culture. Third, generally know encyclopedia knowledge. Fourth, a serious and responsible attitude on work. Fifth, abiding to ethic moral standards. Of course, there are different requirements to different types of translation. For a translator, you’d better to have the spirit to dig deep into questions, try to find the best words in your version. However, as an interpreter, you should be quick-mined.

7. Why do u choose USTC?
       USTC is a prominent university in China and enjoys an excellent reputation worldwide. USTC has taken the lead in higher education in China.  It is honored as “Cradle of Scientific Elites”. It has tread on the track of becoming a world famous high-level prominent university. USTC is renowned for its progressing scientific pursuit, with the motto of “being both professional and loyal , integrating theory with practice” . Its educational principle emphasizes fundamental theories and provides students with a wide range of high-level training that incorporates newly emerging as well as interdisciplinary fields of study. The school of humanities and social science possesses characteristic of blending science with humanity. The school of humanities and social science is based on general fields and interdisciplinary fields, and attaches great importance to foster new compound talents needed by society. The students graduating from the translation major are very popular both in home and abroad.

8. Tell us something about your work. And do u have any relevant translation experiences?
         First, I am a civil servant. I worked in Market Supervision and Administration Office. My operating duty is to crack down on illegal marketing transaction. I love my job because I have learned much general knowledge of laws. I can tell apart the illegal marketing activities from the legal ,and protect consumers’ interests and rights.
    Second, I have to examine many overseas companies’ complaint documents. Because some Chinese manufactures produce fake products with the same registered trademarks or wrapping with other famous overseas brands. These overseas companies which hold the registered trademark use rights will write complaint documents to my office to request us to investigate or punishment those fake products manufactures or sellers. So, my duty is to examine whether the documents are valid or not. By the checking work, I have learned some knowledge about business English. 1. To check whether the overseas companies have registered the trademark and send the registered trademark certificates. 2. To check whether the documents have clearly write the accused manufactures or sellers’ name or address. 3. To check whether the requests brought up by the overseas companies are valid or not. 4. To check whether the overseas companies have appraised the products as fake or not.

9.Would you please say something about your study life if you succeed in this admission?
    If luckily I got the chance to be enrolled in USTC, I will concentrate on the study in translation. First, I will learn the theoretical knowledge. As I have do a lot of translation, but I know little about the theories about translation. Second, I would like to do some translation work as internships, such as translating some documents or interpreting on a conference. And through the practical experience, I can learn something that cannot be found from the textbooks. I hope after 2 years learning, I will find a ideal job pairing to my translation major.
    回复

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

新手上路

精华
    威望
    K币
    70 元
    注册时间
    2014-6-4
    板凳
     楼主| 发表于 2016-3-30 16:39 | 只看该作者
    把考过的证书都带上吧,尤其是大家都没有的证书,绝对是加分点。
    最后是口语,跟雅思有点像,抽一个话题,约一分半钟准备,然后把题目读出来,我的话题是你认为因特网技术和现代通信技术是积极的还是消极的,给出你观点并证明你的观点,还要举例子
    面试一定要自信,我进去后,面带微笑,流利的背了一遍自我介绍,注意一定要和老师有眼神交流,不要怕,
    要有礼貌,面带微笑。礼仪都不用我说了吧,离开教室记得给老师说声辛苦了,谢谢老师。

1.self-introduction
       Morning, distinguished professors. It is my great pleasure to be here. My name is Li Ning,28 years old, graduated from the English major ,the school of foreign language ,Anhui Polytechnic University.  And now, I worked in a government department.  In my spare times, I like reading. Tourism is my favorite entertainment activity. As for my sport interest, I could not deny my greatest interest is jogging. It brings me a lot of happiness and passion. I am a determined person, always willing to achieve higher goals. What’s more, I have broad interests. For example, through self-study, I have passed many exams and gained the certificates, like grade two of the National Computer Rank Examination, Certificate of Accounting Profession, and Certificate Statistical Qualification. Although I have broad interests in many aspects and grasp the essential knowledge of the major, but I think at present, I can do many things in a superficial level, but not be competent to do things professionally owing to lack of ample knowledge and ability. So I think further study is still urgent for me to realize self-value.
    My birthday is 5.4. According to the western astrology. I am classified as Taurus 金牛座(4月21~5月21日)The Earth element of Taurus brings strength and the desire for solid ground form and structure. I might be a little bit slow-witted, but your consistency will make it up.

2.talk about ur undergraduate school and ur major
    The history of Anhui Polytechnic University can be dated back to 80years ago. In 1935, a priest of Spanish Christian church set up the school. Then, with the passing of time, it has evolved into a multi-disciplinary provincial-level university, concentrating on engineering disciplines. It situates at Wuhu city, 100 hectare of the size. The disciplines comprise engineering, physics, literature, management, economics, law and art. Anhui Polytechnic University has 14 schools, 65 majors for the undergraduates, and 38 majors for postgraduates. The school of foreign languages is established in 2001, with the English major and Japanese major. The school of foreign languages attaches great importance on the ability to apply knowledge to practice. Students in the English major have receive various courses like, business English ,English about contract, English literature, secretary English etc. which lay a foundation for students to further study or apply for a job in future.

3.Why do u choose translation as your major?
       First, in the term of history, translation is significant to the exchange of human cultures. Toynbee, the English Sinologist, said: the reason that Chinese culture has developed uninterruptedly in 5000 years lies in the new streams of foreign cultures pumping into it. It is translation that makes the joining of foreign cultures and Chinese culture successful. Translation is the omnipotent medicine that keeps Chinese culture vigorous forever. So, translation is significant to exchange between Chinese and foreign cultures and to carry on and develop Chinese culture in future.
       Second, I feel deep fulfillment and immense satisfaction in learning English. As I have graduated five years, it is no exaggeration to say my English level had tumbled to high school time. Last year when I set on to take the postgraduate exam, I took every chance and every minute to learn English, on my way to work, in the office, when doing housework, etc. Finally, I pass the preliminary test. I get that if I have done my best, Providence will not let me down.
         It can be said that as a English learner, translation is the highest mission. Therefore, translation is my lofty dream.

4.Which translator do you like best?
      Lin Yutang is a prestigious translator in China. He puts forward three standards of translation. Namely, the standard of true, the standard of fluent, and the standard of beauty. The three standards are generally complied with the three difficulties in translation brought forward by Yan Fu, faithfulness, expressiveness, and elegance.
       On the standard of true, he created two new concepts of “words translation” and “sentence translation” in the view of translation unit. He boldly remarked that “it is impossible to translate into foreign language with precisely the same with its original essay. His view seems pathetic, but it doesn’t deny the feasibility of translation. On the contrary, it manifests Lin Yutang’s mature and objective attitude on translation. Here is a example about the standard of true. 各人自扫阶前雪,莫管他家屋瓦霜。(《板桥家书》)
    Let  each  one  sweep  off  the  snow  at  his  door-step,  and  not  interfere  with  the  frost  on  the neighbors’ roof. His version is quite faithful to the original Chinese sentence, showing his standard of true, true to the original.
    On the standard of fluent, he thinks that version should be fluent, while it is irresponsible to show awkward version to readers. Furthermore, he holds the view that “the meaning of sentence is superior to the meaning of words.”, which is the guiding principle of presenting fluent version. Here is a example about the standard of fluent.人非尧舜,安得每事尽善。(《东坡诗文选》) No one is a sage; you cannot always be right. He altered the Chinese 尧舜 to the English sage, so that the western readers can better understand the meaning of the sentence rather than mechanically explaining the meaning of尧舜.
       On the standard of beauty, he gives us three aspects about the standard. First, translation is art. Second, what shall we pay special attention to when translating artistic essay. Third, it is impossible to fully translate artistic essay. As for translator, he or she must possess the ability to understand the style and beauty of the origin. Here is a example about the standard of fluent.寻寻觅觅,冷冷清清,凄凄惨惨戚戚(《声声慢》)
    So dim, so dark, So dense, so dull, So damp, so dank, So dead! He used seven so and seven d-words to translate the rhyme of the Chinese poem. When you read the version, you can relish the beauty in the sound of the version for a long time.

5.What do u think of translation?
    First, you have to know the difference between English and Chinese well. On the language form, English has the tree-shaped form. The main structure of the sentence functions as the tree trunk which has many branches and twigs, that is the decoration parts, forming a long sentence finally. While Chinese has the bamboo-shaped form. Small sentences of a whole sentence in Chinese share the same topic, and are arranged according to the logic order, and separated by comas, forming a bamboo shape. The culture between China and English countries differs a lot too, such as on culture psychology culture value and customs. The thinking way between china and English countries are also different. English expresses something directly while Chinese prefer the undermeaning of the characters. English stress logic order while Chinese emphasis emotion more. English will summarize first, then to list the details while Chinese will list the details first ,then summarize at last.
    Second, you need to choose appropriate means to translate, such as amplification, ellipsis, conversion, and so on, and deal with the relation between the main sentence and the clause.
    Third, you must know well the different styles of different genres, including literature translation, scientific translation, law translation, business translation, tourism translation and news translation. There are different characteristic between different genres.
    The last, but the most important is to practice. You have to be diligent if u want to be a good translator. When a essay comes to your hand, you translate it first on your own. Then compare you translation to other famous translators’, write down and memorize the selected words and learn to use them in future. Only by accumulating, can you improve your translation.

6.In your opinion, what elements do a translator need?
      Wang zuoliang, a famous translator, remarked a translator must be a literati in real terms. I think that, a translator must possess these 5 elements: first, mastering 2 or more languages. Second, familiar with the two culture. Third, generally know encyclopedia knowledge. Fourth, a serious and responsible attitude on work. Fifth, abiding to ethic moral standards. Of course, there are different requirements to different types of translation. For a translator, you’d better to have the spirit to dig deep into questions, try to find the best words in your version. However, as an interpreter, you should be quick-mined.

7. Why do u choose USTC?
       USTC is a prominent university in China and enjoys an excellent reputation worldwide. USTC has taken the lead in higher education in China.  It is honored as “Cradle of Scientific Elites”. It has tread on the track of becoming a world famous high-level prominent university. USTC is renowned for its progressing scientific pursuit, with the motto of “being both professional and loyal , integrating theory with practice” . Its educational principle emphasizes fundamental theories and provides students with a wide range of high-level training that incorporates newly emerging as well as interdisciplinary fields of study. The school of humanities and social science possesses characteristic of blending science with humanity. The school of humanities and social science is based on general fields and interdisciplinary fields, and attaches great importance to foster new compound talents needed by society. The students graduating from the translation major are very popular both in home and abroad.

8. Tell us something about your work. And do u have any relevant translation experiences?
         First, I am a civil servant. I worked in Market Supervision and Administration Office. My operating duty is to crack down on illegal marketing transaction. I love my job because I have learned much general knowledge of laws. I can tell apart the illegal marketing activities from the legal ,and protect consumers’ interests and rights.
    Second, I have to examine many overseas companies’ complaint documents. Because some Chinese manufactures produce fake products with the same registered trademarks or wrapping with other famous overseas brands. These overseas companies which hold the registered trademark use rights will write complaint documents to my office to request us to investigate or punishment those fake products manufactures or sellers. So, my duty is to examine whether the documents are valid or not. By the checking work, I have learned some knowledge about business English. 1. To check whether the overseas companies have registered the trademark and send the registered trademark certificates. 2. To check whether the documents have clearly write the accused manufactures or sellers’ name or address. 3. To check whether the requests brought up by the overseas companies are valid or not. 4. To check whether the overseas companies have appraised the products as fake or not.

9.Would you please say something about your study life if you succeed in this admission?
    If luckily I got the chance to be enrolled in USTC, I will concentrate on the study in translation. First, I will learn the theoretical knowledge. As I have do a lot of translation, but I know little about the theories about translation. Second, I would like to do some translation work as internships, such as translating some documents or interpreting on a conference. And through the practical experience, I can learn something that cannot be found from the textbooks. I hope after 2 years learning, I will find a ideal job pairing to my translation major.
    回复

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

8万

积分

大区版主

精华
    威望
    K币
    30874 元
    注册时间
    2012-9-22

图漫专属大区版主2014年下半年优秀版主

地板
    发表于 2016-3-31 10:06 来自手机 | 只看该作者
    感谢分享!
    不能再懒啦,还那么年轻~
    回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册 人人连接登陆

本版积分规则   

关闭

您还剩5次免费下载资料的机会哦~

扫描二维码下载资料

使用手机端考研帮,进入扫一扫
    在“我”中打开扫一扫,
    扫描二维码下载资料

关于我们|商务合作|小黑屋|手机版|联系我们|服务条款|隐私保护|帮学堂| 网站地图|院校地图|漏洞提交|考研帮

GMT+8, 2024-5-6 22:33 , Processed in 0.045718 second(s), Total 8, Slave 8(Usage:6.75M, Links:[2]1,1_1) queries , Memcache On.