注册时间
2008-3-25

考研论坛2010年上半年优秀版主

跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2008-5-18 14:56 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式

Kobe Bryant: MVP and Best Basketball Player Alive, But Not Without Weaknesses

科比:MVP的人选,也是最好的现役球员,但是却不是没有弱点的。

Kobe Bryant is good at most things on the court. He has, without a doubt, the most complete and well-rounded basketball skill set currently in existence. He is, and has been for the last half-decade, the best player in the world, and he is this season’s MVP — and he is completely deserving of that honor. But he is not without weakness, even on the hardwood court that he so thoroughly dominates.

在场上科比的表现近乎完美。无疑,他拥有目前最全面最丰富的篮球技巧。在过去的五年里,他是世上最好的球员,而且他是这个赛季的MVP—他完全配得上这份荣誉。不过他不是没有弱点,即便是在他几乎可以统治的硬质木地板球场上。

There will be time — very soon, I promise — to celebrate his MVP season. But right now, I want to focus on four of Kobe’s on-court weaknesses. In order of importance, here are the areas in which I’d like to see him continue to improve.

我保证,不要多久,就该是庆祝MVP赛季的时候了。不过现在,我只想说说科比在场上的四处弱点。慎重起见,下面就是我希望看到科比有所改进的地方。

Complaining About Fouls         对于犯规的抱怨

Kobe Bryant is well known for complaining about calls. He probably complains about plays in which he feels he was fouled more than anyone not wearing black and silver. (For the record, Tim Duncan is the only player I’m aware of that can actually receive the call, and still turn and complain to the referees.) Lakers fans and Bryant’s critics alike have often cited Kobe’s penchant for staying back and arguing with the refs while his team plays 4-on-5 defense, and this season he led the league in technical fouls and came very close to earning a 1-game suspension (automatic after a player accrues 16 technical fouls in the regular season).

众所周知,科比对于犯规的判罚很有意见。除身着银黑球衣的球员(这个应该指的是马刺队),他可能觉得他是被犯规的次数最多的一个人(关于这个记录,邓肯是我唯一注意到的,已经判了被犯规了,却还上前对裁判抱怨的人)。湖人的球迷和科比的评论家们经常援引科比的这个嗜好:当自己的球队在以4对5的防守时,却还喜欢呆在后场,去为那个和裁判争论,这个赛季,科比高居技术犯规的榜首,甚至踩在被禁赛的高压线上——再犯一次就要被禁赛一场(在常规赛中,假如累计16次技术犯规则将会被自动禁赛一场)。

From a certain perspective, his complaining is fully justified. No player of Bryant’s stature — no, not even LeBron — absorbs more un-called contact on a regular basis than Bryant. (I’m sure James fans will disagree, but in the absence of any significant statistical data to settle any potential dispute, James fans and I will simply have to agree to disagree.)

从某个角度上来讲,他的抱怨完全合理。如同科比声望的人,在常规赛中,没有哪个球员会有像科比有那么多的未被吹罚的身体接触,甚至包括LBJ(我知道,詹姆斯的球迷肯定不同意,但是苦于没有任何重要的数据可以解决这个分歧,我和詹姆斯的球迷只能执着于这个分歧)。

Now, don’t get me wrong. Bryant does get his share of star calls. It’s nothing like the special treatment Dwyane Wade has received in recent years, and nowhere near Michael Jordan’s level, but he certainly does get his share of superstar calls. I am not saying he doesn’t.

现在,不要误会我。科比确实已经得到了些许明星哨。但是这与这些年韦德得到的特殊对待相比,就算不了什么了。跟MJ相比,当然从未靠近那个水平,不过当然他还是得到了一些超级明星的对待。我不是说他没有。

I am simply saying that the non-calls easily outnumber the superstar calls.

我只是在说,没有吹罚的次数远超过明星哨。

You know what? I don’t care. I don’t care if he never receives another “superstar call” in his life,” while at the same time continuing to absorb high amounts of contact that isn’t called. He needs to stop complaining.

你知道什么?我并不关心。我也不关心在他的生命里,是不是再没有得到过明星哨,而同时他还在以高比率吸收着那些没被吹罚的身体接触。他必须停止抱怨。

First, it’s important for Bryant to set a good example for his teammates. When he complains a lot, his teammates do the same. And if his teammates follow his lead in complaining constantly about the officiating, this Lakers team can easily become more focussed on what’s not going in their favor than they are on what they need to do.

首先,科比为他的队友树立一个好榜样这点很重要。当他抱怨过多的时候,他的队友也在那么做。假如他的队友跟着他接连不断地对判罚抱怨,那么这支湖人队的注意力将会过多地转移到一些他们本不该去注意的东西,却忽视了他们需要做的事情。

I’m a firm believer in the idea that officiating should never be to blame for a loss. And let’s get one thing straight: there will always be officiating errors. (Note: It’s not because the officials are bad at their jobs or because there is some grand conspiracy; it’s because it’s a ridiculously difficult job, and it’s not possible to do it perfectly.) Great teams overcome adversity, and that includes imperfect officiating.

对于去把比赛的败因归结于判罚的不公这点上,我的立场很坚定。我们必须很清楚地知道:判罚有误是很正常的事情。(注意:这并不是说因为裁判玩忽职守,或者说,其中有很大的阴谋,这是因为这是一份极其困难的工作,想要完美是不可能的事。)伟大的球队对这点克服得很好,其中也包括不完美的判罚。

How do they do that? By getting over it, focusing on what they need to do to win, and executing their game plan well.

他们是怎么做到的呢?为了克服这一点,他们着重于赢球所要做的事情,很好地执行战术计划。

Any team that spends too much time as a unit complaining about the officiating is worrying too much about external factors to be able to focus on what it needs to do in order to win.

任何一支球队,作为一个团体,花费过多的时间去抱怨裁判,那么他们就是过多地考虑了额外的因素,却忽视了赢球需要注意的东西。

The fact is, I believe that hitting his own mute button would serve Kobe very well. I suspect that the sheer volume and tone of his complaining rubs the referees the wrong way, and that may be part of the reason for which he absorbs so many non-calls. In fact, I’m going to go out on a limb here and say that if Kobe stops complaining about the officiating — and hell, maybe even applauds the refs from time to time — he will actually get the benefit of more foul calls than he does now.

事实是,我相信,假如按下静音键,科比将受益匪浅。我很怀疑,是不是他抱怨的音量和语调错误地惹恼了裁判,这可能也是为什么他会有那么多不被吹罚的原因。事实上,在这里说假如科比可以停止对裁判的抱怨,那么我估计就会孤立无援——也许不时地给裁判一些掌声,他也会获得比现在更多的罚球机会。

Now, a few things must be said in Bryant’s favor. First, he really had cut back on his complaining early in this season. It was something that coach Phil Jackson repeatedly emphasized with the entire team, and especially Kobe, throughout the entire summer. Unfortunately, he went back to his old ways as the season progressed, though it is not as extreme as it was in the last couple of years. (Note: This may be because he is so much happier, and enjoying himself so much more, than in recent years.) But I want to see him stop complaining for good.

现在,来谈一下关于可以让科比受益的事情。首先,在这个赛季初,他的确在抱怨这件事上有所收敛。这是禅师在整个夏天对整个队伍尤其是科比所强调的事情。不幸的是,随着赛季的深入,科比又走回了他的老路,尽管没有之前的几年那么极端。(注意:可能与前些年相比,他更开心了,更享受比赛了。)但是我所想要看到的是,他可以停止抱怨,这对他也是好事。

Second, it must be said that some of Kobe’s technical fouls — some say as many as half — have come when arguing with the referees on behalf of his teammates. That’s something else, entirely. I fully advocate Kobe Bryant standing up for his teammates. It makes them feel valued and boosts their confidence, and it’s part of being a good leader. I still think that he needs to be careful with it — he can’t allow it to get to the point where his teammates take on a complaining attitude. But as long as he doesn’t let it get there, he can stand up for his teammates all he wants.

第二,必须要说说科比的技术犯规——可能会有人说其实应该只有一半——有些是因为替队友出头而得到的。这完全是另外一回事。我完全支持科比可以替他的队友站出来。这可以使得他们感觉自己的价值所在也可以增长他们的自信,这也是成为一个好的领袖的一部分。我还是认为他应该小心地处理它——他不能把这个变成这样的一个高度:让他的队友追随他的抱怨的态度。但是只要他不任其发展,他可以随时为他的队友出头,只要他想。

Despite all of that, he still finds far too much time to complain about the calls he doesn’t receive (and sometimes about those called against him). It needs to stop. And if it does, I’m predicting positive results.

除了这些,他还是花了太多的时间去抱怨那些他没有得到的判罚(而且有时被吹犯规的是他)。这必须停下来。而且如果成行,我可以预测到积极的效应。

The Spin & Strip                    转身&被抢断

Kobe Bryant is a fantastic ball handler. It has been 12 years, but I am still awed every time I see him snake and squeeze between defenders, twisting in every direction and weaving his way through half-court traffic, finding a way to the basket where there had been none.

科比是一个出色的控球者。已经12年了,但是每次看见他在防守者中时来回穿梭时,我还是很惊奇。在半场进攻时,他可以在每个方向上旋转,然后开辟一条他的路,而且可以在看似找不到路的情况下,找到通向篮筐的路。

His turnover rate is not particularly low, but it is not unacceptably high, either. True, he’s no Chris Paul when it comes to protecting the ball — that kid rarely ever turns the ball over — but Bryant and LeBron James averaged nearly identical turnover numbers this season.

他的失误率不是特别低,但是也不是高得不能接受。当然,当需要保护球的时候,他不是CP3——那个小伙子很少会把球弄丢——可是这个赛季,科比和LBJ在失误数上的数据相当。

It’s how he turns the ball over that bother me.

到底他是怎么把球失误的,这点让我很困惑。

In February of this year, 82games.com published an analysis of the league leaders in various types of turnovers. At the time, the analysis showed that while Bryant and James had identical turnover averages, James was in the top 10 in the NBA in turnovers from bad passes, while Bryant was in the top 10 in “lost ball” turnovers. (Unfortunately, I don’t have up-to-date numbers, as 82games.com doesn’t regularly update these statistics; however, I think it’s safe to assume that a personal tendencies that had shown surfaced after 51/2 months probably hold true after 81/2.)

在今年的二月份,82games.com公布了一份关于联盟里的各种不同的失误类型的领跑者。那时,数据显示虽然科比和LBJ的平均失误差不多,LBJ在NBA里传球失误排在前10,而科比却是在丢球失误里排在前10.(不幸的是,我没有及时更新的数据,而82games.com也没有按常规的数据去更新这些数据;然而,保险地说,用5个半月的数据推测8个半月差距不会太大)

These numbers tell us two things. First, it tells us that Bryant performs well, compared to his peers, with regards to passing turnovers, while lost ball turnovers are a weakness of his. Kobe and LeBron, in fact, seem to be exact opposites; they turn the ball over at a nearly identical rate, but LeBron needs to make safer passes, while Kobe needs to improve his handle.

这些数据告诉我们两件事。第一,它告诉我们,与他的同伴相比,他的表现很好,刨去传球的小失误,不过丢球失误的确是科比的弱项。事实上科比和LBJ就像是两个对立面;他们的失误率差不多,不过LBJ的传球有待加强,而科比的控球有待提高。

I have no statistical data that differentiates between varying types of lost ball steals, but from my own observation, I’d suggest that Bryant turns the ball over far more often by being stripped either after he spins or once he’s in the air than he does by having his dribble picked off. In particular, this seems to happen the most when he completes a spin move and then immediately elevates towards the basket. My assumption is that, while his back is turned, the defense seems to be able to track the ball and make a swipe at it before he gets his bearing and sees them going for it.

对于不同的被抢断丢球的差异在哪里,我没有具体的数据支撑,但是据我自己的观察,科比被抢断大多数是他转身或者是在空中的时候,而在运球的时候相对要少些。特别是,当他完成转身动作,转向篮筐完成最后动作时被抢断得最多。我是这么想的,当他的背转过来时,防守者很容易跟着那个球,在他完成动作感觉要得分之前,把球拨掉。

The second thing these numbers tell us is that Bryant has an opportunity to really improve his turnover rate. His passing turnover are already at an acceptable level, but his lost ball turnovers account for 39% of his turnovers. If he were to reduce this number by half, it would improve his turnover average from 3.43 turnovers per game to 2.76 per game — an excellent number for such a high usage player. (For comparison, Chris Paul averaged 2.51 turnovers per game this year.)

这些数据告诉我们的第二件事是:科比有机会去改善他的失误率。他的传球失误率尚可接受,但是他的丢球失误率占了整个失误数的39%。如果他可以把这个降低一半,那么他的场均失误率从3.43变成2.76——这对一个一直被使用的球员来讲这是一个很优秀的数据。(作为对比,CP3今年的场均失误是2.51)

I’d like to see Kobe significantly reduce his tendency to be stripped of the basketball, thereby improving his overall turnover rate from “acceptable” to “excellent.”

我想要看见可以有效地减少他的被断率,那么他的失误率讲从“可以接受”变成“优秀”。

When Cold, Stop Shooting                当手冷时停止投篮

No, I don’t mean that when Kobe Bryant is not shooting well, he should stop taking shots altogether. To be more specific, when he’s not shooting well, Kobe needs to stop taking jumpshots.

不,我并不是说当科比手感不好时,他应该不要出手。具体点讲,是当科比手感不好时,他应该停止跳投。

Every player has nights when they shoot poorly, and Bryant is no exception. When players of Bryant’s caliber have such a night, the color commentators often point out that just one or two made shots — even a couple of made free throws — can get them back on track again. (Recently for Bryant, it was a shove from behind.) With that in mind, it’s understandable that the best players, when struggling, will try to “shoot themselves back into the game,” feeling that if they can hit one or two shots, they can find their shot and “get hot” again.

每一个球员都有手感不好的夜晚,科比也不例外。当像科比这样的人有这样的夜晚时,带着感**彩的评论员就会说只要通过一两个进球——甚至是一组罚球——就可以把他们的手感拉回轨道。(对于最近的科比,可能只需要一拽就可以了)由于记着这一点,所以就可以理解,对于那些优秀的球员,当挣扎时,就会用投射的方式去重新走进比赛(往往是把自己也投进去了),他们觉得只要能进一到两个球,他们就会找回手感当然也会持续进球。

There is nothing wrong with this. But in these circumstances, when a made basket is the highest priority, it should follow that the player should attempt high percentage shots — and the highest percentage shots are free throws and those close to the basket.

其实这并没有错,但是在那些环境下,如果得分是第一要务,那么球员的高命中率就很重要——而高命中率的投篮来自于罚球和靠近篮筐的球。

Those are the types of shots Kobe should be taking when he’s having a bad shooting night. And to get those kinds of shots, he needs to drive hard towards the basket, hoping for either a close shot or a foul. But too often, when his shot isn’t falling, Bryant tries to jumpshoot his way back into the game, and it’s a strategy that rarely works.

当晚上科比的命中率不高时,这也就是科比应该采取的得分手段。而想要得到这些,他应该去冲击篮筐,渴望近距离命中或者博得犯规。但是很多时候,当命中率下来时,科比采取的手段时跳投来使自己进入比赛状态,而很多时候这并不奏效。

When it comes to driving into the paint, getting high percentage shots, and drawing fouls, Kobe’s among the best in the league. When his shot isn’t falling, that needs to become his primary strategy.

冲进内线,高命中率的投篮,甚至是2+1,在联盟里,科比数一数二。当他手感不佳时,这应该成为他的首选。

Inconsistent Assisting                不连续的助攻

This may be a small thing, but I’ve noticed that often times, Bryant’s assists come in bunches. Early in the season, it seemed that he would regularly tally between five and seven assists in the first half, but then only one or two in the second. Sometimes, he’ll register four or five assists in under four minutes of game time, picking his opponents apart (see: Utah, Game 4, final 3:59 of regulation).

这可能只是小事,但是我经常注意到,科比的助攻老是堆积在一段时间里。早在赛季初,在上半场,他送出5到7次助攻是常有的事,但是下半场只有1到2次。有时,在4分钟的比赛时间里,他可以送出4到5次助攻,这把对手撕裂(参考对阵犹他第四场,常规时间还剩下3:59秒时)

But sometimes, when he plays that way, I find myself wondering why he doesn’t do so more often, and more consistently. Now, I’m quite certain that it’s all about keeping the defense off balance. Whenever they focus too much on Bryant, he finds his teammates. When they play off of him, he punishes them by scoring on his own. As a result, the defense is never able to get comfortable; they’re always kept guessing.

但是有时,当他那样打球时,我就很想知道为什么他不能经常性地那样做呢。现在,我很确定,那可以让防守失衡。不管什么时候,只要他们过多地关注科比,他就会找到他的队友。当他们远离他时,他就会靠自己去得分。结果就是防守怎么都不会到位,他们永远处于猜的过程中。

Nonetheless, I wonder what would happen if Kobe focused more on being consistent in passing and seeking to set his teammates up for easy baskets.

但是,我还很想知道假如科比专注于传球,找寻队友更好的投篮机会,事情会怎么发展。

That said, I do want to make one point: assists are not what matters, and they do not tell the whole story. We cannot get a complete sense of a player’s passing simply by looking at the asssist totals. And frankly, I’m not concerned with Kobe’s assist numbers. I’m talking about his passing, and in particular, his ability to set his teammates up for easy baskets. If it results in higher assist totals, that’s great. If it doesn’t, that’s fine, too.

这就是说,我想要指出一点:助攻其实并不是那么重要,它也不能展现所有的重点。从最后的助攻上,我们也看不出完整的球员的助攻欲望。坦白说,我一点也不在乎科比的助攻数。我讲的是科比的传球,特别是,他替队友找好篮子的能力。如果这可以创造更高的助攻数,真的很好。如果不能,那也还是不错。

Now, I may be stepping beyond my bounds with this one. Certainly, Kobe knows much better than I do how to exploit the defense, keep them on their toes, and create easy offensive opportunities. Phil Jackson has said that Bryant excels at feeling out the flow of a game. There is no player better at reading defenses and setting up his teammates to exploit weaknesses.

现在,我会谈谈之外的事情。当然,在挖掘防守上,让他们时刻保持着警觉,创造简单的进攻机会上,科比懂得比我多得多。禅师曾说科比对比赛的敏感度是一流的。在阅读防守和帮助队友攻破弱点上,没有谁可以比科比做得更好。

I’m also a large advocate of the Triangle Offense, and on more than one occasion I have explained that the Triangle, and the exquisite passing that it fosters, prevent one player from dominating the ball — including in assists. I also know that the Triangle Offense is designed to allow players to play off of Kobe Bryant, and that depends on him being a lethal scoring threat.

我很推崇三角进攻,对此我也不止解释过一次,关于它流畅的进攻,阻止一个球员过多地控球——包括助攻数。我也知道三角进攻就是为像科比那样的人设计的,这取决于他那致命的得分威胁。

Nonetheless, I’m curious to see what would happen if Bryant made setting his teammates up his primary focus for a significant period of time — we’re talking games, not quarters — much like he did with defense for Team USA during the FIBA tournament.

不过,我还是很好奇,假如在很重要的时刻,科比把为队友创造机会放在首位,那会怎么样——我们谈论的是比赛,不是单节——就像他在FIBA时,为美国队所做的防守。

Not Perfect                 白璧微瑕

There you have it. From my perspective, those are his weaknesses. If you were expecting to see his attitude, his supposed selfishness, or his less-than-perfect behavior in the press, you’re probably disappointed. To be frank, I don’t consider those weaknesses. (Don’t worry — those are all things I’ll get to, in time.) But he’s not perfect; no one is.

你现在已经知道了。作为我个人的观点,这些就是他的弱点。如果你原本希望看到的是关于他的态度、他的自私或者是在记者面前不完美的形象的话,那么你就要失望了。坦白说,我压根就没考虑过这些(不要担心——这些我以后也会提及)。但是他并不完美,当然也没有人会完美。

These are the areas I consider his weaknesses. They are few, but they exist, and they are areas in which he can improve to become an even better all around player. What do you think — have I missed something? Let me know in the comments, below.

这些就是我考虑他的弱点的范围。很少但是确实存在,他还可以在很多领域里提高自己,这可以让他变得更好,比周围的球员更好。你是怎么想的呢——我还落了什么吗?让我看看你的评论吧!

评分

参与人数 1威望 +20 收起 理由
守旧者 + 20

查看全部评分

離成功遠一點沒關係,只要你在努力
離幸福遠一點沒關係,只要你快樂著

♬music    機械無敵       鄉情鄉愁
<-sina_sign,1870603913,936f3b91,7->
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

2万

帖子

12万

积分

荣誉版主

精华
威望
K币
58603 元
注册时间
2007-8-2

考研论坛2009年优秀版主

沙发
发表于 2008-5-18 15:06 | 只看该作者
楼主是地道的科比迷[em:42]
经济匡时

All  that  you  can't  leave  behin
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

2万

帖子

32万

积分

荣誉版主

傻傻一个我

精华
威望
K币
21952 元
注册时间
2008-3-25

考研论坛2010年上半年优秀版主

板凳
 楼主| 发表于 2008-5-18 15:25 | 只看该作者

回复 #2 守旧者 的帖子

完全正确,“莫名我就喜欢你,深深地爱上你,没有理由没有原因……”
離成功遠一點沒關係,只要你在努力
離幸福遠一點沒關係,只要你快樂著

回复

使用道具 举报

主题

2万

帖子

19万

积分

荣誉版主

毕竟相思,不似相逢好。 ... ...

精华
威望
K币
91507 元
注册时间
2003-10-12
地板
发表于 2008-5-18 16:49 | 只看该作者
l.....o.......n.........g
                            pain past is pleasure

年轻当自强

那些日子,你许下心愿,
未来日子相见……
牵牵手一放已是多年,
沧桑容颜……

太感人了

(╰_╯)#
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

7万

积分

论坛元老

淡泊明志 宁静致远

精华
威望
K币
34689 元
注册时间
2005-10-22

考研论坛2009年优秀版主

发表于 2008-5-18 17:36 | 只看该作者
偶也迷
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

1万

积分

开国大老

精华
威望
K币
7304 元
注册时间
2007-2-18
发表于 2008-5-18 18:19 | 只看该作者

LS迷迷迷..
规律
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

2万

帖子

32万

积分

荣誉版主

傻傻一个我

精华
威望
K币
21952 元
注册时间
2008-3-25

考研论坛2010年上半年优秀版主

楼主| 发表于 2008-5-18 18:25 | 只看该作者
科蜜都来留个脚印报到下吧
離成功遠一點沒關係,只要你在努力
離幸福遠一點沒關係,只要你快樂著

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册 人人连接登陆

本版积分规则   

关闭

您还剩5次免费下载资料的机会哦~

扫描二维码下载资料

使用手机端考研帮,进入扫一扫
在“我”中打开扫一扫,
扫描二维码下载资料

关于我们|商务合作|小黑屋|手机版|联系我们|服务条款|隐私保护|帮学堂| 网站地图|院校地图|漏洞提交|考研帮

GMT+8, 2024-4-27 10:32 , Processed in 0.055482 second(s), Total 12, Slave 10(Usage:7M, Links:[2]1,1_1) queries , Memcache On.